• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

help sos

Joni24walter

Blitzer
i have taken the cpc test three times this last and latest time i got 64% so close yet so far away. i need a change in test taking strategy. i spent last three times doing easy first to end with the last sections guessing and panic at the end but it happens to be the sections with the largest op reports to read. I am thinking that i should reverse to hard stuff first and easy stuff last any suggestions?

jane

Blitzer
I have been doing timed practice exams from this site and from the aapc until I have reached an 85. I think that is key because I made a 61 the first time. Also if you haven't already got it, I would suggest getting Laureen's review blitz from this website. It's really helpful. I also started in the back of the test with the easy questions (medical terminology, etc.). I did it from back to front. Hope this helps.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Joni24walter,

You don't mention if you are a blitz customer or not. If not then I would highly reccomend that.

CPC Exam Review Blitz

There are lots of test taking tips on there as well as full content review and a practice exam. Oh and you get access to our weekly support calls too!

Linda Smith

Blitzer
ICD-10-CM Student
I think doing the exam from back to front is not a good thing, having taken the exam (which I passed on the first try thanks to Laureen's techniques and Blitz Videos). The easy questions are at the end and that is just where you need them. The exam is brutal due to its length and by the time you get to the end your brain is fried !! I was so happy to have some easy questions at the end. Make sure to take a small clock or stopwatch with you and spend one hour on each column of 30 questions (Laureen's suggestion and it worked). When that hour is up move on to the next column even if you have not finished. Then you have 40 minutes at the end to go back over the ones you did not finish. Do the easiest ones in the column first then spend the rest of the hour going back to the ones you skipped. The worst thing you can do is stay on one hard question for a long time. I am telling you - Laureen's suggestions in her Blitz videos really work !!

Joni24walter

Blitzer
I think doing the exam from back to front is not a good thing, having taken the exam (which I passed on the first try thanks to Laureen's techniques and Blitz Videos). The easy questions are at the end and that is just where you need them. The exam is brutal due to its length and by the time you get to the end your brain is fried !! I was so happy to have some easy questions at the end. Make sure to take a small clock or stopwatch with you and spend one hour on each column of 30 questions (Laureen's suggestion and it worked). When that hour is up move on to the next column even if you have not finished. Then you have 40 minutes at the end to go back over the ones you did not finish. Do the easiest ones in the column first then spend the rest of the hour going back to the ones you skipped. The worst thing you can do is stay on one hard question for a long time. I am telling you - Laureen's suggestions in her Blitz videos really work !!
i agree that doing the first should be first so if i panic at the end the questions are easier but the long reports in the first two sections are freaking me out and put me into the panic mode plus they are most worst sections and scores. i did do weekly testing but only averaged 70% by my last retake. i think i will up them to twice a week; I try for an hour a column but maybe i don't use my time as quickly at home as i think. i do bring a clock with me; I am not sure about the triple pass because i am so indecisive and detailed oriented that i would waste my time on the decision. I just know i need a new strategy but laureens advice has helped me cuz my score got better. thanks laureen

Joni24walter

Blitzer
I am trying to figure out a new study and test strategy. I am a customer of cco but i panic with the long reports especially with the skin and bones section. I am trying to study those well as practice tests. i just panic if i do hard last and the easy first. i need to pick up speed and figure how to speed through and not freak out with the long reports. HELP please

Joni24walter

Blitzer
I am trying to figure out a new study and test strategy. I am a customer of cco but i panic with the long reports especially with the skin and bones section. I am trying to study those well as practice tests. i just panic if i do hard last and the easy first. i need to pick up speed and figure how to speed through and not freak out with the long reports. HELP please
I am a student i missed passing the test by 6 questions; so i am reviewing all the blitz videos and guidelines. I am studying extra on the sections which i didnt pass the 70%; i needing help with the big reports in the skin and bones section. I need some tips on how to approach these long reports please..